Yonik/Hoss -

OK, you lost me.  It sounds as if this PhraseQuery-ish approach involves
breaking datetime and lat/long values into pieces, and evaluation occurs
with positioning.  Is that accurate?

On 1/16/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/15/07, Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> PhraseQuery artificially enforces that the Terms you add to it are
> in the same field ... you could easily write a PhraseQuery-ish query
that
> takes Terms from differnet fields, and ensures that they appear "near"
> eachother in terms of their token sequence -- the context of that
comment
> was searching for instances of words with specific usage (ie: "house"
used
> as a noun) by putting the usage type of each term in a different term in
> seperate parallel field, but with identicle token positions.

It seems like this could even be done in the same field if one had a
query type that allowed querying for tokens at the same position.
Just index "_noun" at the same position as "house" (and make sure
there can't be collisions between real terms and markers via escaping,
or use \0 instead of _, etc).

-Yonik