From: Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2007 10:28:31 AM
Subject: Re: merely a suggestion: schema.xml validator or better schema
validation logging

Hi Jed,

NullPointerException when adding a document w/o the uniqueKey field is
a known bug, and should be fixed shortly.

If the actual schema was null, then that was probably some problem
parsing the schema.
If that's the case, hopefully you saw an exception in the logs on startup?

Anyway, I agree that some config errors could be handled in a more
user-friendly manner, and it would be nice if config failures could
make it to the front-page admin screen or something.

-Yonik