The response writers print a debug message when you put a non-standard
value in them:

   } else {
     // default... for debugging only
     writeStr(name, val.getClass().getName() + ':' + val.toString(), true);
   }

All the values used in the standard handlers are in the list, so this
is fine.  I'm writing some custom handlers where it would be nice to
put an arbitrary object into the response and have it printed out with
toString()

   } else {
     writeStr(name, val.toString(), true);
   }

Of course I could put it into the response with .toString(), but it
would be more convenient to keep it in the response as an Object so
that I can use it later down the chain.

Can we change this behavior?

thanks
ryan