: I use a custom Analyzer which extends Lucene's StandardAnalyzer. When I
: configured Solr to use this one, It throws an exception
: RuntimeException("Can't set positionIncrementGap on custom analyzer " +
: analyzer.getClass()).
:
: Do I need to extend a specific Analyzer for it to work with Solr?

you can use any Analyzer you want, but you can't configure a
positionIncrementGap in the schema.xml unless your Analyzer extends
SolrAnalyzer (the concept of a position increment gap is an inherient
property that Lucene Analyzers can specify, but configuring it explicitly
is a Solr concept)

-Hoss