As Chris as pointed out, there may be some non-printing character(s) in your
scripts.conf.

Bill

On 4/11/07, realw5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have not run bash -x, however I have run rsyncd-enable with -V which
shows
all the debug output. Here, is a snip of that. Note the "solr\r", yet in
my
.conf file I have only "user=solr". If I run the script using this command
"./solr/bin/rsyncd-enable -u solr -V" everything works fine.

Also, if this helps, I'm running Red Hat ES 4.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] apache-tomcat]# ./solr/bin/rsyncd-enable -V
+ ./solr/bin/rsyncd-enable -V
+ fixUser -V
]][ -z solr
++ whoami
]][ root != solr
+ sudo -u $'solr\r' ./solr/bin/rsyncd-enable -V
!udo: no passwd entry for solr
+ exit 1
++ echo -ne '\033]0;[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/apache-tomcat\007'

Dan