On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
On 4/19/07, Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
parser.setAllowLeadingWildcards(true);

I have also run into this issue and have intended to fix up Solr to
allow configuring that switch on QueryParser.

Any reason that parser.setAllowLeadingWildcards(true) shouldn't be the default?

That's fine by me.  But...

Does it really need to be configurable?

It all depends on how bad of a hit it'd take on Solr. What's the breaking point where the performance of full-term scanning (and subsequently faceting, of course) kills over or dies? FuzzyQuery's die on my 3.7M index and not-super-beefy hardware and system setup.

        Erik