: > Essentially, I have two distinct needs - in some cases i need a commit
: > immediately after indexing one document, but most of the time it is fine
: > to wait 10 mins for changes if that has better performance.
:
: Sounds like a configuration issue... set autocommit to 10 minutes, but
: explicitly
: commit the important documents?
:
: I don't quite get why one would want two solr instances for this.

i think he means that he has some search clinets that want to see changes
immediately, but other search clients can have more lag and he wants
the speed benefits of good caching for those clients

in essence what you describe is the standard master/slave setup where you
commit on the master very frequently, search the master when you need
"real time" info, and only run snapinstaller on your slave at large
regular intervals ... the difference is you aren't really making or
pulling snapshots.

(I'm guessing you and Fuad are in the exact same situation)

-Hoss