On 4/27/07, realw5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok, I just finished indexing about 20k in documents. I took a look at so far
the problem has not appearred again. What I'm thinking caused it was I was
not adding overwritePending & overwriteCommited in the add process. Therefor
over time as data was being cleaned up, it was just appending to the
existing data.

That is the default anyway.  Even if duplicate documents were somehow
added, that should not cause duplicates in facet results.  It should
be impossible to get duplicate values from facet.field, regardless of
what the index looks like.

I did have once cause of repeated values, but after looking at the python
writer, I notice a space at the end. I can fix this issue by triming all my
values before sening them to solr :-)

Hopefully you should have also seen the space in the XML response...
if it's not there, that would be a bug.

-Yonik