From: Charlie Jackson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:53 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: fast update handlers

What about issuing separate commits to the index on a regularly
scheduled basis? For example, you add documents to the index every 2
seconds, or however often, but these operations don't commit. Instead,
you have a cron'd script or something that just issues a commit every 5
or 10 minutes or whatever interval you'd like.
I had to do something similar when I was running a re-index of my entire
dataset. My program wasn't issuing commits, so I just cron'd a commit
for every half hour so it didn't overload the server.
Thanks,
Charlie