Hey Gary

Leave out the URL

just use ./post.sh *.xml

Your causing curl to attempt to make a get request.

Gary Browne wrote:
Hi

I'll probably be posting a bunch of stupid questions in the near future,
so bear with me. I'm finding the documentation a little confusing. For
starters, I've got Solr up and running under Tomcat on port 8080, and I
can pull up the admin page, no problems. I'm running on RHEL AS 4, with
curl installed.

I'm not sure how to get indexing started - I tried the following:

./post.sh http://localhost:8080/solr/update solr.xml monitor.xml (from
exampledocs directory)

 and received this error message::

The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource
(HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL).

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer
Library IT Services
University of Sydney
Australia
ph: 61-2-9351 5946

--
Patrick O'Leary

AOL Syndication Technologies
Phone: + 1 703 265 8763

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense !
View Patrick O Leary's LinkedIn profileView Patrick O Leary's profile