how do u sure ur file is encoded by utf-8?

2007/5/24, Ethan Gruber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

I am attempting to post some unicode XML documents to my solr index.  They
are encoded in UTF-8.  When I attempt to query from the solr admin page,
I'm
basically getting gibberish garbage text in return.  I decided to try a
file
that I know is supposed to work, which is the utf8-example.xml found in
the
exampledocs folder.  This also did not return proper unicode
results.  None
of my other coworkers have run into this problem, but I believe there is
one
difference between their system and my system which could account for the
error.  They're using Macs and thus posting with post.sh, and I am running
Windows and posting with a post.jar file.  Could post.jar not support
unicode?  Has anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks,
Ethan

--
regards