Hi

Not sure if you've had a solution for your problem yet, but I had dealt with a similar issue that is mentioned below and hopefully it'll help you too. Of course, this assumes that your original data is in utf-8 format.

The default charset encoding for mysql is Latin1 and our display format was utf-8 and that was the problem. These are the steps I performed to get the search data in utf-8 format..

Changed the my.cnf as so (though we can avoid this by executing commands on every new connection if we don't want the whole db in utf format):

Under: [mysqld] added:
# setting default charset to utf-8
collation_server=utf8_unicode_ci
character_set_server=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

Under: [client]
default-character-set=utf8

After changing, restarted mysqld, re-created the db, re-inserted all the data again in the db using my data insert code (java program) and re-created the Solr index. The key is to change the settings for both the mysqld and client sections in my.cnf - the mysqld setting is to make sure that mysql doesn't convert it to latin1 while storing the data and the client setting is to ensure that the data is not converted while accessing - going in or coming out from the server.

Ajanta.

Tiong Jeffrey wrote:
Ya you are right! After I change it to UTF-8 the error still there... I
looked at the log, this is what it appears,

127.0.0.1 - - [10/06/2007:03:52:06 +0000] "POST /solr/update HTTP/1.1" 500
4022

I tried to search but couldn't understand what error is this, anybody has
any idea on this?

Thanks!!!