On 6/20/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/20/07, Michael Plax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is a log that I got after runnning SolrSharp example. I think
example
> program posts not properly formatted xml.
> I'm running Solr on Windows XP, Java 1.5. Are those settings could be
the
> problem?

Solr1.2 is pickier about the Content-type in the HTTP headers.
I bet it's being set incorrectly.

Ahh, good point.  Within SolrSearcher.cs, the WebPost method contains this
setting:

oRequest.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";

Looking through the CHANGES.txt file in the 1.2 tagged release on svn:

9. The example solrconfig.xml maps /update to XmlUpdateRequestHandler using
the new request dispatcher (SOLR-104). This requires posted content to have
a valid contentType: curl -H 'Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8'.  The
response format matches that of /select and returns standard error codes. To
enable solr1.1 style /update, do not map "/update" to any handler in
solrconfig.xml (ryan)

For SolrSearcher.cs, it sounds as though changing the ContentType setting to
"text/xml" may fix this issue.

I don't have a 1.2 instance to test this against available to me right now,
but can check this later.  Michael, try updating your SolrSearcher.cs file
for this content-type setting to see if that resolves your issue.

thanks,
jeff r.