Thanks a lot, yes I found that yesterday after doing some experiments.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:10 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running into problems with distributed index and search

: 3)      I had to bounce the tomcat search SOLR Webapp instance for it
: read the index files, is it mandatory? In a distributed environment,
do
: we always have to
:
: Bounce the SOLR Webapp instances to reflect the changes in the index
: files?

it sounds like you esentially have a master/slave setup except that
instead of using the distribution scripts to copy the index from one to
the other, they both use the same physical files via an NFS mount.

if you send a commit command to your "slave" search server, it will
reopen
the index (without needing to bounce the port)

-Hoss