On 8/24/07, Sundling, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Created two indexer implementations to test HTTP Post versus Embedded
> and the performance was 54.6% faster on embedded.
>
> Thought others might find that interesting that are using Java.

Paul, were the documents posted one-per-message, or did you try
multiple (like 50 to 100) per message?  If one per message, the best
way to increase performance is to have multiple threads adding docs.

I'd be curious to know how a single CSV file would clock in at as well...

One thing I'd like to avoid is everyone trying to embed just for
performance gains.
If there is really that much difference, then we need a better way for
people to get that without resorting to Java code.

-Yonik