I am trying to build a  sample program(in Java). But, to do this i have some
queries, as  basic documentation - which i am not able to find.

Some basic Qs:
- Does Solr create its own index or is it a wrapper on lucene index(i et its
the latter)
- If answer to the prev Q is NO,  then how is the SOlr index diff from the
lucene index.
- IndexReader and IndexWriter will no longer be used in the SOlr programs -
yes/no ?
- some documentation on using remote indexes with SOlr ( also faceted
searching)

thanks ,
Venkat