On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 11:26 +0200, Brian Carmalt wrote:
> Hallo again,
>
> I checked out the solr source and built the 1.3-dev version and then I
> tried to index the same file to the new server.
> I do get a different exception trace, but the result is the same.

>     at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
>     at
> java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)

It seems that you are reaching the limits because of the StringBuilder.

Did you try to raise the mem to the max like:
java  -Xms1536m -Xmx1788m -jar start.jar

Anyway you will have to look into
SolrInputDocument readDoc(XMLStreamReader parser) throws
XMLStreamException {
StringBuilder text = new StringBuilder();
case XMLStreamConstants.CHARACTERS:
  text.append( parser.getText() );
  break;

The problem is that the "text" object is bigger then heaps,
maybe invoking garbage collection before will help.

salu2