Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a field of type SortableFloatField to not
weigh into to the relevancy score returned for a document.

<fieldtype name="sfloat" class="solr.SortableFloatField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true"/>

So far I've tried boosting the field to 0.0 at index time using this
field type - and also implemented a custom Similarity implementation
that overrode lengthNorm(String fieldname, int numTerms) after
converting the field to a text field.

Nothing I do seems to affect the behavior that when the value of the
field in question changes, the score of the document changes along with
it.  The field does need to be both indexed and stored.  There is a
requirement to be able to sort by that field, and it must be returned in
the document when searching.

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Regards,

Bart Smyth

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this
e-mail or disclose its contents to any other party.
This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not
necessarily reflect those of education.au limited except where the sender
expressly states otherwise.
It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it
for viruses or any other defects. education.au limited will not be liable for
any loss, damage or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.