Actually I don't have the clients directory...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]: .../logs]$ pwd
/opt/solr/logs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: .../logs]$ ls
rsyncd-enabled rsyncd.log rsyncd.pid snapcleaner.log snapshooter.log snapshot.current.search2 snapshot.status.search2
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: .../logs]$

It does look like it could be a path issue. I wonder why, though, no clients sub directory was created.