If you aren't using index-time document boosting, or field boosting
for that field specifically, then set omitNorms="true" for that field
in the schema, shut down solr, completely remove the index, and then
re-index.

The norms for each field consist of the index-time boost multiplied by
the length normalization.

-Yonik