:  The corresponding entry for this field in schema.xml is :
:  <field name="id"                     type="text" indexed="true"
: stored="true" multiValued="false"  required="true"/>

i'm guessing "text" is from the example schema.xml ... this is not a good
type to use for a uniqueId field ... that alone might be causing some of
your problems with replaceing docs ...  try "string"

: 2) Also, at the time of deleting a document, by providing its ID(exactly
: similar to the deleteById proc in the Embedded Solr example) , we find that
: the document is not getting deleted(and we also do not get any errors).

sounds like the same problem ... i'm guessing you are using a method that
assumes the id has already been transformed into the internal
representation ... with "text" that might be lowercased, or stemmed,
etc....

-Hoss