Our program has solved some pretty significant search problems using the
Lucene search engine.  We're getting ready to take the first step
towards an SOA in our back-where we crank out the data that eventually
becomes searchable via our website.  We're looking for a transactional
persistence solution to support our back end entity services.  What is
the feeling regarding the use of Solr as a transactional data store?
Many people here are very fond of Lucene and would like to see Solr
employed in that fashion.  Is it worth a look over some of the open
source native XML databases (eXist, Xindice, Berkeley DB XML)?

Has anyone seen this work?

Thanks.