On 9/26/07, Brian Whitman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Sami has a patch in there which used a older version of the solr
> > client. with the current solr client in the SVN tree, his patch
> > becomes much easier.
> > your job would be to upgrade the patch and mail it back to him so
> > he can update his blog, or post it as a patch for inclusion in
> > nutch/contrib (if sami is ok with that). If you have issues with
> > how to use the solr client api, solr-user is here to help.
> >

> I've done this. Apparently someone else has taken on the solr-nutch
> job and made it a bit more complicated (which is good for the long
> term) than sami's original patch -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/
> browse/NUTCH-442

That someone else is me :)

NUTCH-442 is one of the issues that I want to really see resolved.
Unfortunately, I haven't received many (as in, none) comments, so I
haven't made further progress on it.

Patch at NUTCH-442 tries to integrate SOLR in a way that it is a
"first-class" citizen (so to speak), so that you can index to solr or
to lucene within the same Indexer job (or both), retrieve search
results from a solr server or from nutch's home-grown index servers in
nutch's web UI (or a combination of both). And I think patch lays the
ground work for generating summaries from solr.

--
Doğacan Güney