Hi,

I know there has been quite some discussion about Multilanguage
searching already, but I am not quite sure this applies to my case.

I have an index with field which contain Japanese and English at the
same time. Is this possible? Tokenizing is not the big problem here, the
 StandardTokenizerFactory is good enough, judging by the Solr-Admin
Field Analysis.

My problem is, that searches for Japanese Text don't give any results. I
get results for the English parts, but not for the Japanese.

Using Limo I can see that it is correctly indexed as UTF-8. But using
the Solr Admin Query, I don't get any results. As I understood it, Solr
should just match the characters and return something.

When I search using an English term, I get results but the Japanese is
not encoded correctly in the response. (although it is UTF-8 encoded)

I am using Solr 1.2.

Any ideas, what I might be doing wrong?

Best regards,

Max

--
Maximilian Hütter
blue elephant systems GmbH

Tel            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 578
Fax            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
e-mail         :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sitz           :  Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer:  Joachim Hörnle, Thomas Gentsch, Holger Dietrich