Hi !

I'm facing a similar problem. Some HTML docs are correctly indexed and others
are simply rejected even I encoded all problematic HTML tags as Thorsten
suggested.

In the following example, "my_doc.xml" is a valid "XML" file, compliant with my
Solr's schema fields :

$ java -jar post.jar ./my_doc.xml

SimplePostTool: version 1.2
SimplePostTool: WARNING: Make sure your XML documents are encoded in UTF-8,
other encodings are not currently supported
SimplePostTool: POSTing files to http://localhost:8983/solr/update..
SimplePostTool: POSTing file solrdoc
SimplePostTool: FATAL: Connection error (is Solr running at
http://localhost:8983/solr/update ?): java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP
response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8983/solr/update

Is there any way to let "Solr" to be more verbose than that ?
Do I need to go into the Java code to understand what happen?
 I'm looking for a simple solution.

Thanks in advance

cheers
Y.