Using embedded solr, there is no (built in) way to access remote indexes. If you want to access remote indexes you need to run a server.

Solr 1.3 (trunk) includes a java client you may want to look at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

If you poke around, this also includes simple ways to run solr with embedded jetty - letting you run a light weight server.

ryan

Venkatraman S wrote:
Well, we do not have a Solr server and all the calls to index and search
documents is done via Embedded Solr.
What is the approach then?