On 10/9/07, David Whalen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is only used during the term enumeration method of
> > faceting (facet.field type faceting on multi-valued or
> > full-text fields).
>
> What if I'm faceting on just a plain String field?  It's
> not full-text, and I don't have multiValued set for it....

Then you will be using the FieldCache counting method, and this param
is not applicable :-)
Are all your field that you facet on like this?

The FieldCache entry might be taking up too much room, esp if the
number of entries is high, and the entries are big.  The requests
themselves can take up a good chunk of memory temporarily (4 bytes *
nValuesInField).

You could try a memory profiling tool and see where all the memory is
being taken up too.

-Yonik