On 10/10/07, Jason Rennie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We're using solr 1.2 and a nightly build of the solrj client code.  We very
> occasionally see things like this:
>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
>         at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(
> QueryRequest.java:86)
>         at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BaseSolrServer.query(
> BaseSolrServer.java:99)
> Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Internal Server Error

Is there a longer stack trace somewhere concerning the internal server error?

> We also occasionally see solr taking too long to respond.  We currently make
> our commit/optimize calls without any arguments.  I'm wondering whether
> setting waitSearcher="false" might allow search queries to be served while a
> commit/optimize is being run.  I found this in an old message from this
> list:

While commit/optimize is being run, requests are served using the old
searcher - there shouldn't be any blocking.

> Is waitSearcher="false" designed to
> allow queries to be processed while a commit/optimize is being run?

No, waitSearcher="true" was designed such that a client could do a
commit, and wait for a new searcher to be registered such that a new
query request is guaranteed to see the changes.
waitSearcher=true/false only affects the thread calling commit... it
has no effect on other query requests which will continue to use the
previous searcher until the new one is registered.

-Yonik