On 10/11/07, BrendanD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, we have some huge performance issues with non-cached queries. So doing a
> commit is very expensive for us. We have our autowarm count for our
> filterCache and queryResultCache both set to 4096. But I don't think that's
> near high enough. We did have it as high as 16384 before, but it took over
> an hour to warm.

Look in the logs... what took an hour to warm?   there are separate
autowarm log messages for the query and filter caches.

> Some of our queries take 30-60 seconds to complete if
> they're not cached.

1) Configure static warming requesst for any faceting that's common
2) Configure static warming requests for any filters (fq) that are common
3) size the filter cache larger than what's needed to hold all the
facets (if that's too much memory, try the minDf param... see the
wiki)
4) if indexing performance isn't an issue, lower mergeFactor to lower
the average number of segments in the index (or optimize if you can)

-Yonik