Thanks for the tip but I guess I should have been more specific. I want
to do it programmatically on the fly and use those results in other
ways.

Essentially what I want to do is this:

1. Query for a set of terms against a field -
2. do a second query on the results of the first query for the terms
that did not match in the first query against another field.

I am thinking this should not be too uncommon a problem so maybe there
is something that I am missing.

thanks
nishant

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ#head-b25df8c8393bbcca28f1f344c432975002e29ca9