Took the words right out my mouth! That second method would be
particularly effective but will only work if you can identify these docs
at index time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Banerjee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:31 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Forced Top Document

This method Charlie suggested will work just fine with a minor tweak.
For relevancy sorting

?q=foo OR (foo AND id:bar)

For nonrelevancy sorting, all you need is a multilevel sort. Just add
a bogus field that only the important document contains. Then sort by
bogus field in descending order before any other sorting criteria are
applied.

Either way, the document only appears when it matches the search
criteria, and it will always be on top.

kyle

Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager