Von: Thomas Traeger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 23:44
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Converting German special characters / umlaute

Try the SnowballPorterFilterFactory described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters

You should use the German2 variant that converts ä and ae to a, ö and oe

to o and so on. More details:
http://snowball.tartarus.org/algorithms/german2/stemmer.html

Every document in solr can have any number of fields which might have
the same source but have different field types and are therefore handled

differently (stored as is, analyzed in different ways...). Use copyField

in your schema.xml to feed your data into multiple fields. During
searching you decide which fields you like to search on (usually the
analyzed ones) and which you retrieve when getting the document back.

Tom