On 11/3/07, Victoria Kaganski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I guess I was not clear... I understand that if I use FunctionQuery, it's
> result value will return as the score, instead of the similarity. Am I right?

Only for the FunctionQuery "part"... it's not an all or nothing thing.

Let me give you a specific example in Solr Query syntax:

+text:"spider man"~100 _val_:popularity

This query will result in the full-text relevance score (yes, using
similarity) of the first part added to the value of the popularity
field.  Try some examples out and let us know if you don't get what
you expect.

-Yonik