On 11/6/07, Traut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>          I have in index document with field "name" and its value is
> "somename123"
>          Why I can't find anything with query
>              name:somename123*

This is a prefix query.  No analysis is done on the prefix, so it may
not match analysis that was done when the document was indexed.

For example, if you use WordDelimiterFilter, this may be indexed as
"somename 123"

>          but there are results on query
>              name:"somename123*"

This is not a prefix query.  The * will most likely be removed by the
analyzer, leaving you effectively with a query of name:somename123

-Yonik