On Nov 18, 2007 9:58 PM, Dave C. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> According to the Lucene query syntax:
> "The symbol && can be used in place of the word AND."   So, I shouldn't have
> to use 'AND'.

Yes, but before the query parser can even get the query string, the
servlet container parses query args and & is a delimiter.  Hence you
need to escape '&' for the sake of the servlet container.

> If I do the same query: q=description:(test)&&!(type:10)&&!(type:14) in the
> Solr admin interface, I get the correct results.

Right, because the browser knows to escape '&' for you.

You need to escape '&' as %26, since that is how URL escaping works
(it has nothing to do with lucene syntax.)

-Yonik