On 4-Jan-08, at 11:37 AM, Evgeniy Strokin wrote:

I have huge index base (about 110 millions documents, 100 fields each). But size of the index base is reasonable, it's about 70 Gb. All I need is increase performance, since some queries, which match big number of documents, are running slow. So I was thinking is any benefits to use hadoop for this? And if so, what direction should I go? Is anybody did something for integration Solr with Hadoop? Does it give any performance boost?

Hadoop might be useful for organizing your data enroute to Solr, but I don't see how it could be used to boost performance over a huge Solr index. To accomplish that, you need to split it up over two machines (for which you might find hadoop useful).

-Mike