I think Mike M. put up a tool called CheckIndex that is a simple driver program that checks for corruption. However, my understanding is that he isn't sure it is complete just yet, but it is a start. Have a look in the latest release.

Maybe it would be useful to have it run either on startup or periodically in Solr (if configured to do so). I haven't tried it, so I don't know what effect it has on performance/search/indexing.

-Grant