Hello,

I have following entry in my title list:

Content1
Content2
Content3
Content4
Content5

If I try to Sort it in ascending or descending order, I am getting same
order.

I am using following alphaOnlySort field and text.
Please let me know if I miss anything here.

Thanks in advance for looking into this issue.

-Thanks and Regards,
kmu

 <fieldType name="alphaOnlySort" class="solr.TextField"
sortMissingLast="true" omitNorms="true">
      <analyzer>
        <!-- KeywordTokenizer does no actual tokenizing, so the entire
             input string is preserved as a single token
          -->
        <!-- The LowerCase TokenFilter does what you expect, which can be
             when you want your sorting to be case insensitive
          -->
        <!-- The TrimFilter removes any leading or trailing whitespace -->
        <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
        <!-- The PatternReplaceFilter gives you the flexibility to use
             Java Regular expression to replace any sequence of characters
             matching a pattern with an arbitrary replacement string,
             which may include back refrences to portions of the orriginal
             string matched by the pattern.

             See the Java Regular Expression documentation for more
             infomation on pattern and replacement string syntax.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/regex/package-summary.html
          -->
        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory"
                pattern="([^a-z])" replacement="" replace="all"
        />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

 <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="
stopwords.txt"/>
splitOnCaseChange="1" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="0"
catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory" protected="
protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="
stopwords.txt"/>
splitOnCaseChange="1" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="0"
catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory" protected="
protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <!-- Less flexible matching, but less false matches.  Probably not ideal
for product names,
         but may be good for SKUs.  Can insert dashes in the wrong place and
still match. -->
    <fieldType name="textTight" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" >
      <analyzer>
ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="
stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"/>