From: Sundar Sankaranarayanan
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:42 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Connection reset exception

Hi Otis,
        Thanks for the response. The Jboss logs were the one that
pointed out to the connection reset. What could be the problem here.
Solr is the only things that is running on that box.

These are the logs, if it can help.

2008-03-18 08:30:36,740 [STDERR:152] ERROR  - Mar 18, 2008 8:30:36 AM
org.apache.solr.core.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset  at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.ja
va:747)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer$InputStreamInputBuffer.doRe
ad(InternalInputBuffer.java:777)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.IdentityInputFilter.doRead(IdentityInpu
tFilter.java:115)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.
java:712)
 at org.apache.coyote.Request.doRead(Request.java:418)
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.InputBuffer.realReadBytes(InputBuffer.java
:284)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.substract(ByteChunk.java:404)
 at org.apache.catalina.connector.InputBuffer.read(InputBuffer.java:299)
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.j
ava:192)
 at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
 at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
 at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
 at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
 at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:2972)
 at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3026)
 at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseEndTag(MXParser.java:1671)
 at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1172)
 at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)
 at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextTag(MXParser.java:1078)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.readDoc(XmlUpdateRequest
Handler.java:298)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.update(XmlUpdateRequestH
andler.java:162)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.handleRequestBody(XmlUpd
ateRequestHandler.java:84)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerB
ase.java:77)
 at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:658)
 at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.ja
va:191)
 at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.j
ava:159)
 at
tionFilterChain.java:202)
 at
erChain.java:173)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:96)
 at
tionFilterChain.java:202)
 at
erChain.java:173)
 at
e.java:213)
 at
e.java:178)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAs
sociationValve.java:175)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.j
ava:74)
 at
:126)
 at
:105)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnecti
onValve.java:156)
 at
java:107)
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:86
9)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorker
Thread.java:112)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Warm Regards,

Sundar Sankarnarayanan
Software Engineer
@University of Phoenix