Thanks Walter for your inputs.

Our use case and performance benchmark requires us to invoke optimize.

Here we see a chance of improvement in performance of optimize() if invoked
in parallel.
I found that if* distrib=false *is used, the optimization will happen in
parallel.

But I could not find a way to set it using HttpSolrServer/CloudSolrServer.
Also with the parameter setting as given in my mail above does not seems to
work.

Please let me know in what ways I can achieve the parallel optimize on
SolrCloud.

Thanks,
Modassar