On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 01:27 +0200, dancoleman wrote:
> My SolrCloud of 3 shard / 3 replicas is having a lot of OOM errors. Here are
> some specs on my setup:
>
> hosts: all are EC2 m1.large with 250G data volumes

Is that 3 (each running a primary and a replica shard) or 6 instances?

> documents: 120M total
> zookeeper: 5 external t1.micros

If your facet fields has many unique values and if you have many
concurrent requests, then memory usage will be high. But by the looks of
it, I guess that the facets fields has relatively few values?

Still, if you have many concurrent queries, you might consider using a
queue in front of your SolrCloud instead of just starting new requests,
in order to set an effective limit on heap usage.

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark