Hi Jack,

Thanks for your suggestion. I think the way I am using the
ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory is not right hence the date is not
getting transformed to the desired format.
I added following in solrconfig.xml and see no effect in search result. The
date is still in "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss" format.

 <processor class="solr.ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory">
   <arr name="format">
     <str>yyyy-MM-dd</str>
   </arr>
 </processor>

I have following field defined in schema.xml. Kindly provide an example to
configure it under solrconfig.xml to get the date changed to desired
format.

<fieldType name="tdate" class="solr.TrieDateField" precisionStep="0"
positionIncrementGap="0"/>

Also please let me know if I am missing anything in the configuration.

Thanks,
Modassar