> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 07:19:58 -0600
> From: s...@elyograg.org
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Replication Issue with Repeater Please help
>
> On 8/13/2014 12:49 AM, waqas sarwar wrote:
> > Hi,     I'm using Solr. I need a little bit assistance from you.     I am
> > bit stuck with Solr replication, before discussing issue let me write a
> > brief description.    Scenario:- I want to set up solr in distributed
> > architecture, suppose start with least no of nodes (suppose 3), how can i
> > replicate data of each node to 2 others and vice versa.    My Solution:- I
> > set up “REPEATER” on all nodes, each node is master to other, and
> > configured circular replication.     Issue i'm facing:- All nodes are
> > working fine replicating data from other node, but when node1 replicate
> > data from node2, node1 loses its own data. I think node1 don’t have to
> > atleast lose its own data & have to merge new data. I think now question is
> > pretty simple and clear, I want to set up solr in distributed architecture,
> > each node is replica to other, how may i achieve it. Is there be any other
> > way except Repeater and circular replication using repeater, to replicate
> > data of each node to all others.  Environme
>  nt:- LA
> N, Solr (3.6 to 4.9), Redhat
>
> With master-slave replication, there must be a clear master, from which
> slaves replicate.  You can't set up fully circular replication, or the
> master will replicate from the empty slave and your data will be gone.
> This form of replication does not merge data -- it makes the slave index
> identical to the master by copying the actual files on disk for the index.
>
> I think you'll want to use SolrCloud.  You have three machines, so you
> have the minimum number for a redundant zookeeper ensemble.  SolrCloud
> relies on zookeeper to handle cluster functions.  SolrCloud is a true
> cluster -- no replication, no master.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/SolrCloud
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Thanks Shawn. What i got is Circular replication is totally impossible & Solr
fails in distributed environment. Then why solr documentation says that
configure "REPEATER" for distributed architecture, because "REPEATER" behave
like master-slave at a time.
Can i configure SolrCloud on LAN, or i've to configure zookeeper myself. Please
provide me any solution for LAN distributed servers. If zookeeper in only
solution then provide me any link to configure it that can help me & to avoid
wrong direction.
Regards,Waqas