OR (phone
-data_source_name:("Catalog" OR "Device How To - Interactive" OR "Device How
To - StepByStep"))

Just an OR clause that searches for all documents that have "phone" ( in the
default search field or multiple fields if its an edismax parser). Remove from
that set any documents with a data_source_name that contains any of the
three phrases:
"Catalog"
"Device How To - Interactive"
"Device How To - StepByStep"

and return all those documents in the query

HTH,
ErIck