Hi all, I have a question about dynamically loading a core properties file with the new core discovery method of defining cores. The concept is that I can have a dev.properties file and a prod.properties file, and specify which one to load with -Dsolr.env=dev. This way I can have one file which specifies a bunch of runtime properties like external servers a plugin might use, etc.

Previously I was able to do this in solr.xml because it can do system property substitution when defining which properties file to use for a core.

Now I'm not sure how to do this with core discovery, since the core is discovered based on this file, and now the file needs to contain things that are specific to that core, like name, which previously were defined in the xml definition.

Is there a way I can plugin some code that gets run before any schema or solrconfigs are parsed? That way I could write a property loader that adds properties from ${solr.env}.properties to the JVM system properties.

Thanks!
Ryan