Hello Jim,
  yes, I am aware of the TermVector and MoreLikeThis stuff. I am
presently mapping docvectors to these mechanisms and create term vectors
myself from third-party text mining components.

However, it's not quite like the FAST docvectors. Particularily, the
performance of MoreLikeThis queries based on TermVectors is suboptimal
on large document sets, so a more efficient support of such retrievals
in the Lucene kernel would be preferred.

Cheers,
--Jürgen

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Cordialement vôtre/Atentamente/С
уважением

Devoteam GmbH, Industriestr. 3, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 868-8725, Fax: +49 711 13353-53, Mobile: +49 171 864 1543
E-Mail: juergen.wag...@devoteam.com
<mailto:juergen.wag...@devoteam.com>, URL: www.devoteam.de
<http://www.devoteam.de/>

Managing Board: Jürgen Hatzipantelis (CEO)
Address of Record: 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany; Commercial Register:
Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450; Tax Number: DE 172 993 071