On 9/18/2014 5:36 AM, or gerson wrote:
> what is the cause of the other? the outOfMemory causes the tlog to get
> bigger (cause the autoCommit does not happen) or the tlog size causes the
> outOfMemorty error?

Program behavior (any Java program, not just Solr) becomes completely
undefined when you get out of memory errors.  It's exceptionally
difficult to write programs that have defined behavior in an OOM
situation.  Not impossible, but *very* hard, so I'm reasonably sure that
no attempt has been made in the Lucene/Solr codebase.

To eliminate the OOM, you need to either make your Java heap larger, or
find ways to reduce Solr's heap requirements.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#Java_Heap

Thanks,
Shawn