Thank you Erick for your prompt response. I'm sorry I could not get back to
you earlier.

My current setup does not use the ImageUrl field for the search (more
specifically as the default search field). The ImageUrl field contains a URL
to the image which is for most part a GUID, which is meaningless to users.
However, I would like to note that the ImageUrl field is Indexed and Stored.

I'm curious how should I use tf() for the boost. On the face of it, it seems
to be what I want, but I cannot figure out how to use it. Similar to my
example in my original post:

&bf=log(qty)

I cannot do:
&bf=tf(ImageUrl,field(ImageUrl))

I think it is having a problem with field(ImageUrl). If I replace it with
something static like ' http://domain/pathtoimage.jpg' then it works.
However, I would like it to have the value of the ImageUrl field instead of
this static value.

As I mentioned in my original post, I would like to boost unique images. The
image URLs are not part of the search terms. tf() seems to be what I am
looking for, if I can get the current ImageUrl field value into the
function.

Thanks again,
O. O.

Erick Erickson wrote