There is bug in how the export handler is working when you have very few
documents in the index and the solrconfig.xml is configured to enable lazy
document loading:

<enableLazyFieldLoading>true</enableLazyFieldLoading>

The tests didn't catch this because lazy loading was set to the default
which is false in the tests. The manual testing I did, didn't catch this
because I tested with a large number of documents in the index.

Your example will work if you change:

<enableLazyFieldLoading>false</enableLazyFieldLoading>

And if you load a typical index with lots of documents you should have no
problems running with lazy loading enabled.

I'll create jira to fix this issue.

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch