Porter stemmer is not only agressive, it is ugly, too. The generated code is too old, too few object centric and should be too slow. If your kstem compile with java 1.4, why don't you suggest it to lucene core?

M.

Wagner,Harry a écrit :
Hi HH,
Here's a note I sent Solr-dev a while back:

---
I've implemented a Solr plug-in that wraps KStem for Solr use (someone
else had already written a Lucene wrapper for it).  KStem is considered
to be more appropriate for library usage since it is much less
aggressive than Porter (i.e., searches for organization do NOT match on
organ!). If there is any interest in feeding this back into Solr I would
be happy to contribute it.
---

I believe there was interest in it, but I never opened an issue for it
and I don't know if it was ever followed-up on. I'd be happy to do that
now. Can someone on the Solr-dev team point me in the right direction
for opening an issue?

Thanks... harry